ULTRA CLEAR EPOXY RESIN FOR CASTING & RIVER TABLES
Brand : Crystal Rock
- Maximum Purchase:
- 2 units
- MIXING RATIO:
- 3:1 BY WEIGHT
- CURING TIME:
- POT LIFE:
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR CASTING RESIN OR TO MAKE A RIVER TABLE?
IMPORTANT: Due to a supply shortage of epoxy resins we limit a maximum of 1kg per customer per day.
වැදගත්: එපොක්සි රේසින් සැපයුම් හිඟයක් නිසා අපි එක් පාරිභෝගිකයෙකුට දිනකට උපරිම කිලෝග්රෑම් 1ක් සීමා කර ඇත.
Slow Curing Ultra Clear Epoxy can Pour up to 5CM thick in a single pour (2.5CM for river tables).
The Crystal Rock Ultra Clear Casting Resin is a slow curing (48hrs) system which has excellent air release properties ideal for potting river tables. The maximum pouring height per pouring is 5cm (2.5cm for large casting). After curing, you can always apply a new layer until the desired height is reached. The Ultra Clear Epoxy Resin pack includes resin (A) and hardener (B), system is suitable for a wide variety of applications.
WHY USE ULTRA CLEAR EPOXY RESIN?
It is our premium deep pour low viscosity cast resin system that was designed for the production of river tables, casting large ornaments, embedding objects and other larger items for a pristine, super clear casting that will last a lifetime. The system can be mixed with all of our epoxy resin pigments.
- Two components of epoxy resin and Hardener with Mix Ratio of 3:1.
- Achieve a rock-solid, high gloss finish with Low Bubbles, No Cracks.
- Thick Pour, One-time pouring, up to 1"- 2" (25-50mm) thick each pour.
- High Transparent Clear Epoxy Resin, Crystal clear, high see through, UV Resistant (yellow resistance).
- 30-40 minute working time (Pot Life).
- Excellent color stability with pigments.
- Thin liquid (LOW VISCOSITY) easy to handle, automatic Self-leveling & Anti-foaming (de-foaming ).
- Non toxic, solid, low VOC, low odor.
- Slow curing, Low Heat Reaction During Curing.
WHAT ARE THE BEST USES OF 3:1 ULTRA CLEAR EPOXY RESIN SYSTEM?:
CASTING: Large Castings with silicone molds, make Jewellery, Coasters, Large Ornaments & Encapsulating Objects.
RIVER TABLES & TABLETOPS: Ideal river table epoxy resin, excellent for furniture such as epoxy resin tables.
REPAIR WORK: Filling deep cracks and holes in wood, water proofing.
LAMINATING: Due to it's low heat generation while curing, it's is the best resin to laminate photographs.
Two bottles 750g of Resin, 250g of Activator/Hardener (1kg Total) (±1%)
Two bottles 300g of Resin, 100g of Activator/Hardener (400g Total) (±1%)
DRYING TIME (CURING):
Dry to Touch: 24-32 hours
Recoat within: 8-12 hours
Curing: 48 hours
Full Curing: 5-7 Days
Epoxy Resin Comparison Chart
|Property||Clarity||Mixing Ratio||UV Resistant||POT Life||Maximum Layer Thickness||Curing Time|
|ULTRA CLEAR CASTING RESIN||VERY CLEAR||3:1 BY WEIGHT||YES||30Mins||50mm||36-48Hrs|
|CRYSTAL CLEAR ART RESIN||VERY CLEAR||2:1 BY VOLUME||NO||20Mins||5mm||18-24Hrs|
|CLEAR EPOXY RESIN||CLEAR||3:1 BY WEIGHT||YES||20Mins||10mm||18-24Hrs|
|TABLE TOP EPOXY RESIN||CLEAR/CLOUDY||3:1 BY WEIGHT||NO||20Mins||5MM||12-18Hrs|
HOW TO USE 3:1 ULTRA CLEAR EPOXY RESIN?
- Ideally start with an epoxy resin primer to avoid high material loss (soak in to surface) and the formation of bubbles (layer thickness: 0.5mm). To do this, simply mix small amount of the same 3:1 ultra clear epoxy resin.
Apply the epoxy resin primer to the desired surface with a foam roller or a brush.
- Let the primer coat cure for about 18-24 hours.
- Proceed with the main pour, we recommend a maximum pouring height of 25mm (2.5cm or 1 inch) per pouring process (for river tables). Pouring beyond 25mm on to a large area can lead to boiling, air bubbles, yellowing, cracking and deformation of the material. For thicker layers, you can pour the next 25mm layer after about 12 hours.
- Mix the contents of the resin (A) with the contents of the hardener (B) in a mixing ratio of 3: 1 by weight (e.g. 100g resin: 33.3g hardener).
Using a mixing stick, mix two parts thoroughly, scrap sides and bottom of the mixing container as material will settle there. Ideally, pour the mixture into a clean container and mix again. This ensures that the resin (A) and hardener (B) mix completely.
- To color the main coating, mix dyes or color pigments (When mix powder pigments, important to mix thoroughly with a small amount of resin to avoid pigment lumps and give the user a homogenous mix), Adjust the color intensity individually by adding more or less color pigments.
- Pour the material in to casting immediately after mixing, as the product can boil depending on the amount of material in the mixing container.
- If you mix large quantity (Over 1KG), Pot Life (working time) get shorter & you must pour immediatly (usually within 10mins after mixing).
- The epoxy resin can be touched / demold after 36hours and chemically completely cured within 5-7 days.
Important: Liquid Epoxy Resin Intended for Industrial & Professional Use Only
- Measuring ratio (by Weight) must be accurate, wrong ratio makes epoxy resin soft, and will not cure properly.
- Mix two parts thoroughly, if not mix well, epoxy will become sticky, and will not cure properly.
- Avoid high humid days, or work in a controlled humidity environment, humidity over 70% will effect curing process and end product.
- Do not mix organic pigments or dye, and liquid pigments/inks containing water.
- During the curing time, epoxy resin is sensitive to any kind of moisture (formation of carbamates, ie white spots on the top layer). For this reason, we recommend not bringing the epoxy resin into contact with water until it has cured completely chemically (at least 5 days). In the case of thin layers, cold temperatures (ambient, substrate and resin temperature below 20° C) and increased humidity, the period of time until the epoxy resin has cured completely can be longer.
I couldn’t find this type of epoxy resin anywhere else in Sri Lanka, this is crystal clear and manage to cast over 2 inches in single layer. Only downside is drying time.
Deliver on time but poor packing resin was leaked. nearly 100g leaked.
Used this Ultra clear epoxy to make stool, 1.2-1.3 inch thickness in a single pour, completely cured in 2 days, excellent clarity. Pls note: after you pour, don't move keep it still for 2days, otherwise you get surface markings due to shaking.