Potassium Hydroxide (Caustic Potash) KOH
Brand : Crystal Rock
Soap Making Potassium Hydroxide (KOH), Also Known as Caustic Potash in Sri Lanka
This is 92% pure Potassium Hydroxide flakes for soap making. Can be substituted with Sodium hydroxide Lye, or mix Potassium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide to get the required hardness of the soap.
Potassium Hydroxide are ideal for making high quality soft soap.
Best soap making Caustic Potash (KOH), where to buy & prices of Caustic Potash in Sri Lanka
You are welcome to visit our store at Homagama, or order Online. Price Starts from Rs550 for 500G.
WHAT DO YOU GET: 500G OR 1KG Pack
Important: This product is classified as “Dangerous Goods”
Precautions you should take?
- Use gloves and eye protection when you handle Caustic Potash.
- Cover your work area with newspaper, then carefully fold up and seal the used newspaper in a trash bag when you are done working.
- Keep vinegar handy. Vinegar, an acid, counteracts Caustic Potash if you do get burned.
- Make soap near a water source so you can flush the affected area if needed.
- Stand back a little as you mix your Caustic Potash into water, never leaning over the mixture.
- Use heat-proof containers. Some containers can crack or melt, leaving the Caustic Potash to leak out.
- Wash your hands and arms when you are done making soap. It may seem okay, but a single grain of Potassium Hydroxide can still produce pain and itching.
- Never leave your Caustic Potash unattended, even for a minute.