CLEAR EPOXY RESIN 3:1 FOR JEWELRY, RIVER TABLES & FLOORING
Brand : Crystal Rock
- MIXING RATIO:
- 3:1 BY WEIGHT
- CURING TIME:
- POT LIFE:
Are You Looking for Clear Epoxy Resin for Jewelry, River Tables, Resin Art, or Flooring in Sri Lanka?
The Crystal Rock 3:1 Clear Epoxy Resin system is suitable for various applications, from Artist to construction. It is a classic coating, casting, lamination, and repair system. You can use it as a casting resin for layers up to 1cm thick. The number of casting processes (layers) is unlimited. Next, coat your floors, tabletops, and other items. You can mix a transparent epoxy system with all of our epoxy resin pigments. Epoxy resin pack includes resin (A) and hardener (B). Depending on the color you need, you can mix dyes or color pigments to color the epoxy resin.
* NOT INTENDED FOR OUTDOOR USE
- High-Quality General Purpose, All-round Clear Epoxy Resin.
- Transparent & None Yellowing.
- 3:1 by Weight mixing ratio.
- 20 minute working time (Pot Life).
- Casting layer up to 1cm thick, unlimited number of casting layers.
- Self-leveling & de-foaming resin.
- No bubbles up to 5mm thick layer.
- UV Resistant.
- Curing Time: 18-24hrs.
WHAT ARE THE BEST USES OF A 3:1 CLEAR EPOXY RESIN SYSTEM?:
- CASTING: Casting with silicone molds, make Jewellery, e.g., Bangles, Rings, Earrings..etc., Coasters, Ornaments & Encapsulating Objects.
- FLOORING: Epoxy resin floors in living areas or garage floors, industrial epoxy flooring (Factories & Wharehouse), Epoxy flooring, Metallic flooring (Commercial, Shops, Residential, Hotels, Bathrooms), 3D flooring.
- COATING: Coating Wood, Timber & Concrete.
- TABLETOPS: Furniture such as epoxy resin tables & resin river tables.
- RESIN ART: Create stunning artwork by adding colored mica pigments, resin dyes, or glow-in-the-dark pigments.
- REPAIR WORK: Filling cracks and holes in wood, waterproofing.
Size 1: Two bottles 300g of Resin, 100g of Activator/Hardener (400g Total) (±1%)
Size 2: Two bottles 750g of Resin, 250g of Activator/Hardener (1kg Total) (±1%)
Size 3: Two bottles 2250g of Resin, 750g of Activator/Hardener (3kg Total) (±0.5%)
DRYING TIME (CURING):
Dry to Touch: 8-12 hours
Recoat within: 4-6 hours
Curing: 24 hours
Complete Curing: 3-4 Days
Epoxy Resin Comparison Chart
|Property||Clarity||Mixing Ratio||UV Resistant||POT Life||Maximum Layer Thickness||Curing Time|
|ULTRA CLEAR CASTING RESIN||VERY CLEAR||3:1 BY WEIGHT||YES||30Mins||50mm||36-48Hrs|
|CRYSTAL CLEAR ART RESIN||VERY CLEAR||2:1 BY VOLUME||NO||20Mins||5mm||18-24Hrs|
|CLEAR EPOXY RESIN||CLEAR||3:1 BY WEIGHT||YES||20Mins||10mm||18-24Hrs|
|TABLE TOP EPOXY RESIN||CLEAR/CLOUDY||3:1 BY WEIGHT||NO||20Mins||5MM||12-18Hrs|
HOW TO USE 3:1 CLEAR EPOXY RESIN?
- Best to start with an epoxy resin primer to avoid high material loss (soak into the surface) and the formation of bubbles (layer thickness: 0.5mm). To do this, mix a small amount of the same 3:1 clear epoxy resin.
- Apply the epoxy resin primer to the desired surface with a foam roller or a brush.
- Let the primer coat cure for about 12-18 hours.
- Proceed with the main coat in the same way. When potting, we recommend a maximum pouring height of 1 cm per pouring process. Pouring beyond 1cm can lead to boiling, air bubbles, yellowing, cracking, and deformation of the material. For thicker layers, you can pour the next 1cm layer after about 4 hours.
- Mix the contents of the resin (A) with the contents of the hardener (B) in a mixing ratio of 3: 1 by weight (e.g., 100g resin: 33.3g hardener).
- Using a mixing stick, mix two parts thoroughly, scrape the sides and bottom of the mixing container as the material will settle there. Ideally, pour the mixture into a clean container and mix again. Mixing will ensure that the resin (A) and hardener (B) combine completely.
- To color, the primary coating, mix dyes or color pigments (When mixing powder pigments, essential to mix thoroughly with a small amount of resin to avoid pigment lumps and give the user a homogenous mix). Adjust the color intensity individually by adding more or less color pigments.
- Pour the material onto the surface to be coated/cast immediately after mixing, as the product can boil depending on the amount of material in the mixing container.
- The epoxy resin can be touched/walked /de-mold after 24hours and chemically completely cured within 3-4 days.
|SAFE HANDLING OF EPOXY SYSTEMS|
|WHAT YOU SHOULD AVOID|
Important: Liquid Epoxy Resin Intended for Industrial & Professional Use Only
- The measuring ratio (by weight) must be accurate. The wrong ratio makes epoxy resin soft and will not cure properly.
- Mix two parts thoroughly. If not mix well, epoxy will become sticky and will not cure properly.
- Avoid high humid days, or work in a controlled humidity environment. Humidity over 75% may affect the curing process and end product.
- Do not mix organic pigments or dye and liquid pigments/inks containing water.
- Epoxy resin is sensitive to any moisture (formation of carbamates, i.e., white spots on the top layer). For this reason, we recommend not bringing the epoxy resin into contact with water until it has been cured entirely chemically (at least three days). In thin layers, cold temperatures (ambient, substrate, and resin temperature below 20° C) and increased humidity until the epoxy resin has cured completely can be longer.
We have used this product for the first time to cover a wooden surface. Used it according to the given instructions and the second day the surface was strong and looked almost like a glass. I think it met our expectations. Make sure the wood is sealed before applying the resin and to remove any air bubbles that emerge carefully.
Resin is a Good product and fast delivery
The best quality resin I have known in Sri Lanka.
Fast delivery and good product.
good product, the resin is super clear..and their delivery service is very good, fast delivery too..
I have tried many clear epoxy suppliers in sri lanka, by far this is the best resin I used, packaged well, fast delivery.